Subscribe for free: News alert
  • Follow us:
Go to mobile version:

35 year old Seychellois man dies from electrocution

Pointe Conan, Seychelles | November 5, 2014, Wednesday @ 15:42 in National » GENERAL | By: Sharon Uranie | Views: 2021
35 year old Seychellois man dies from electrocution

(Seychelles News Agency) - The Seychelles police has confirmed that a 35 year old Seychellois man, Alex Bristol, has died after being electrocuted this morning.

The incident, which was reported at 9:30 am local time, had occurred while Bristol was working on a house that is still under construction at Pointe Conan in the northern part of the Seychelles main island of Mahé.

The property belongs to Bristol's aunt.

According to a police statement issued this afternoon, one of his colleagues said he was on the other side of the house when he heard Bristol scream.

“He reported that when he came to see what had happened he saw sparks coming from an iron bar which Alex was fixing in preparation to erect a beam……” read the statement.

“Apparently in doing so, the iron bar had made contact with an overhead live electric wire.”

Bristol, a resident of Mont Buxton, a central district of Mahé, was certified dead at the English River Health Centre.

The police are still investigating the tragic incident. 

 

General » Be a reporter: Write and send your article
Tags: police, electrocuted

More from General →

Related Articles

general →

Top news


Archives

» Advanced search